Microsoft has made its Surface tablets available for pre-order, starting at $499. Surface will retail at Microsoft stores on October 26. You can pre-order your Surface RT here.
Prices for Surface RT
- Surface RT w/no Touch Cover, 32 GB — $499
- Surface RT with Touch Cover, 32 GB – – $599
- Surface RT with Touch Cover, 64 GB — $699
For a complete review of Surface, please see Microsoft Launches Surface (VIDEO) and Microsoft Surface vs. Apple iPad
Please note that Surface Pro will be available for pre-order soon.
Surface RT is sporting an 8 hour battery and 2Gb system memory. In comparison the iPad sports a 10 hour battery and just 1GB system memory. For more info, see surface.com
Posted in Microsoft, News, Surface, Windows 8
- Tagged iPad, Microsoft, Microsoft Store, Microsoft Surface, Microsoft Windows, Pre-order, Pricing, Windows 8
In an effort to remain relevant to consumers, Microsoft has once again announced plans to add 11 Microsoft retail stores across shopping malls and outlets in the U.S.
- The Village at Corte Madera, Calif.
- Christiana Mall in Newark, Dela.
- The Florida Mall in Orlando, Fla.
- The Shops at Prudential Center in Boston, Mass.
- The Mall at Rockingham Park in Salem, N.H.
- Walt Whitman Shops in Huntington Station, N.Y.
- The Westchester in White Plains, N.Y.
- Kenwood Towne Centre in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Yorkdale Shopping Centre in Toronto, Canada
- The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City in Arlington, Va.
The stores are being strategically constructed a couple of blocks or even right in front Apple stores. Microsoft is going all in—inaugurating with free concerts and at huge venues… Below, a Microsoft store in White Plains, NY at the luxurious Winchester Mall.
The first 1000 or so visitors to a Microsoft store in Orlando will get a free ticket to a Flo Rida concert…
nearly all stores launch with free concerts from the likes of Ceelo Green, Flo Rida, and Blake Shelton.
It’s bewildering perhaps…but perhaps everybody will agree that this far exceeds the bounds and limits of competition. And maybe Apple is getting desperate. Just take a look at this picture: evidently, the Cupertino Giant commissioned a few of its store employees to give the latest Microsoft Store a “quick visit”…
So here are the facts. Microsoft has been scouring the country and establishing the Microsoft Store logo across the entire U.S. The Windows maker was opening its 18th retail store in Freehold, New Jersey. As things usually go, Microsoft opened its store with the usual pizzaz ( none other than Ceelo Green in concert) , inviting all consumers, far and near, to give the store a visit. For an unknown reason, Apple employees bought the “open-door” policy and strutted into the New Jersey…. They were still wearing their iconic Apple shirts, the distinctive war paint that characterizes the Apple side from its competitors.
But… apart from entering war territory, Apple employees were naively talking and hanging out when boom…. a regular Joe took a picture of them with his smartphone… ( perhaps an iPhone?)
Neither company has responded to the situation… and neither has issued statements.
Posted in Apple, Microsoft, News
- Tagged Apple, Apple Employee, iPad, iPhone, Microsoft, Microsoft Store, Microsoft Windows, New Jersey, News, Retail