Difficulty: Moderately Easy Time: Little
How to Fix Windows Update Update Errors
In this tutorial, we will help you overcome the code errors sometimes found in Windows Update. These are the most common. So, to start, let’s examine what they mean.
- Error Code 800b0001 ——- Windows Update could not search for new updates
- Error Code 66A ———– Corrupted .NET files when installing .NET Framework Updates
- Error Code 80072f8f —– System cannot find the file specified
- Error Code 80072ee2 —- Unusual high number of request updates, wait 10 to 15 minutes.
- Error Code 80072efd— If you have HotSpot Shield or other IP proxy connectros, turn them off.
Solution 1) Run the “Fix It” Troubleshooter for Windows Update http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058
Solution 2) Force Start Windows Update Service
If Windows Update is already running, simply open Task Manager by Right Clicking the Task Bar and select Start Task Manager.
In the Processes tab, please select the Show Processes from all Users
Now find “winauclt.exe”, Right-Click and select End Process. Alternatively, End Process Tree.
Now Hit WINDOWS Key + R on the keyboard , Type “winauclt.exe” ). Hit OK to start Windows Update again.
Solution 3) Force Start Background Intelligence Services ( BITS )
Next, we want to pause BITS. Open Task Manager like usual.
In the Services tab, find Background Intelligence Services ( BITS )
Now Right-Click and select Stop Service
Finally RESTART your computer.
Solution 4) Download the System Update Readiness Tool
Finally, Download this tool to fix Windows Update.
Select the Download for your computer ( Windows 7, Windows Vista)
Make sure the download is x64 if your computer is x64. The same goes for x32.