Difficulty: Moderately Easy Time: Little to Much
So you want to enter the confusing world of Torrents. Yep, it’s a dangerous and thrilling universe. Here’s how to get started. Note: We do not endorse the use of Torrent files to steal copyrighted material
- First, you need to install a Torrent Client, a program that allows you to open and download torrent files. Here are a few examples of Torrent clients.
- and bit torrent
- Now you have to go to a Torrent website. There are many… so choose one…… now browse for the song, book, or other file you want. The largest Torrent website is Piratebay.
- Great! Now that you have found the file in the torrent website, make sure it is not protected by copyright law:), Look for the little red magnet icon and click on Get this Torrent. This is the fastest method of downloading the torrent.
- The torrent client will now begin to download your file.
- Always get the file that has been the most downloaded; make sure it has the most seeders, which indicates the file is most likely valid and contains no viruses.
- Wait patiently and then you are done.
- Please note that torrents are meant to be used responsibly. We are not responsible if copyright law punishes you for downloading files with copyright.
- The Pirate Bay’s Oldest Torrent is “Revolution OS” (torrentfreak.com)
- The Pirate Bay becomes world’s largest file-sharing website (slashgear.com)