Troubleshoot and Fix your Problems Fast!
Difficulty: Easy Time: Little to None
Creating a Twitter account is pretty easy. Just follow the steps below:
- Launch your web browser (We recommend Internet Explorer 9)
- Go to http://twitter.com. It looks like this:
- On the Twitter homepage, go to the widget that says “New to Twitter? Sign Up”
- Enter the name you want to use, the email address you wish to use, and your password. Click the sign up button when done. ( An example is shown below…)
- When you have finished the final details, click “Create my account.” If successful, you will be sent to your twitter page. It will tell you what a tweet is, and it will encourage you to follow five people. You can either find people to follow or you can skip that step.
- It may also ask if you want to follow five more people. It will also ask you to import your contacts to find other people on Twitter that you know. You can also skip these steps too.
- Twitter will ask you to upload a profile picture and write a brief bio for your profile. These can be added at any time.
- After you finish those steps, it will send you to your profile page. You can now start tweeting and gaining followers!