Troubleshoot and Fix your Problems Fast!
Difficulty: Easy Time:Little to None
With the popularity of Windows 7, Microsoft has provided free downloadable themes from the likes of Ferrari, Ducati, Angry Birds, and Halo. To install and customize a theme, follow these steps.
- Go to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=109286 to find your theme
- After finding a theme, click Download. Windows automatically does the installation for you. In a few minutes, your theme is live.
- To customize your theme to you liking, Right-click the Desktop ; now go ahead and select Personalize to customize your theme
- You should get the Personalization Screen below: Select the theme you installed. In this case, we downloaded Halo Reach theme.
- At the bottom of the screen, you should see customization options as shown below
- Click on Desktop Background, to customize which images you want to use for your desktop background… choose the best ones of course:)
- On the bottom, you can also specify the time it takes to change pictures, Shuffle, or change how the images are positioned. Be sure to save your settings.
- Go to Windows Color to customize the colors of your windows You can change Color, Intensity of Color, Hue, Saturation, Brightness, or Enable Transparency…. Feel free to go crazy… It’s your theme!
- In Sounds, you can fine- tune the sounds Windows uses. As a default, the sound scheme is the current theme ( ex: Halo Reach)
- Finally, in Screensaver, you can customize the screensaver. In this example, we have Halo Reach 3D Text as a screensaver
- You are all set! Enjoy your theme!
Microsoft Windows, Windows 7, and Halo are registered trademarks of Microsoft and the Microsoft group of companies in the U.S. and other countries.