Troubleshoot and Fix your Problems Fast!
Difficulty: Hard Time: Considerable
Submitting podcasts is a very complicated process. To submit a podcast to iTunes please follow these steps carefully.:
- Before we begin, please make sure to have a mp3 file that is less than 30 MB. This will be your podcast file.
- Open Expression Design or Adobe Photoshop. Make a 300X300 image file. This will be your podcast artwork
- Now Sign-Up for PodBean, a free podcasting network.
- Click Username at the top right corner. You should get a dashboard with a link called Settings
- Now go to Settings and look for a link “General” as shown below
- In General Options, scroll to Channel Logo. Upload your artwork that you created with Photoshop or Design.
- Now go back to the dashboard screen click Publish
- You should get a page where you can Write/Post. Write Tags, the Title, a short Intro.
- Now scroll down to Podcasting. Click Browse, Look for the mp3 file and click OK to upload the file. It has to be <30MB
- On the next File Type option, Make sure that the File type is “iPod Compliant”
- Now select the image that you previously uploaded in Step 6
- To Post Specific iTunes settings please click the Show button and customize the settings.
- Now click on Publish at the bottom of the screen.
- Now select Settings and go to iTunes/Feed
- Copy and Paste the feed you see listed: It looks like belowfollowed by the feed’s address
- Now copy and paste that feed into iTunes: To do this, open iTunes, click on iTunes Store, Select Podcasts from the Links at the top, and select the Submit Podcast link near the middle right. Now copy and paste the feed into the box iTunes provides and click Submit.
- iTunes will send you an email confirming that your podcast in under review. A final email will confirm that your podcast in in the store.
- That’s it. Enjoy your podcast on iTunes