Details are finally out for the Windows 8 Upgrade Offer: To upgrade for as low as 14.99 to Windows 8 Pro, follow Microsoft’s guidelines as listed below:
- Buy a Windows 7 PC between June 2, 2012 and January 31, 2013. *
(You can even use Microsoft’s PC Selector to help you choose.)
- Register for the offer at windowsupgradeoffer.com before February 28, 2013.
- Microsoft will send you an email with your promotion code and purchase instructions when Windows 8 Pro is available.
- Download and install Windows 8 Pro on a compatible Windows-based PC with Windows Upgrade Assistant. Plus, the offer includes 90 days of Microsoft technical support at no charge.
Note: If you already have a Windows 7 PC ( Home Basic, Premium, Professional, Ultimate), just register at the same site and Microsoft will send you a promo code and purchase instructions.
- Report: Microsoft Offering $14.99 Upgrade to Windows 8 – PC Magazine (pcmag.com)
- ASUS shows off a Zenbook Prime Ultrabook with a touchscreen, we go fingers-on (video) (engadget.com)