Troubleshoot and Fix your Problems Fast!
Difficulty: Easy Time: Little to None
It is sometimes necessary to locate and find the IP address of your PC. To find the IP address, follow these directions carefully.
- On the keyboard, hit and hold “WINDOWS” Key and the “R” key
- This opens the “Run” utility; type “cmd.exe” and hit ENTER
- In Command Prompt, now type “ipconfig”; Hit ENTER
- You will now see the following screen. ( NOTE: We have obscured the IP address for privacy concerns)
- In this screen, look for the first two numbers under the Category Wireless LAN Adapter Wi-Fi:
Link-local IPv6 Address: This is your IP Address ( v6 address)
IPv4 Address: This is your IP address ( v4)