Troubleshoot and Fix your Problems Fast!
Difficulty: Moderately Easy Time: Little
Oftentimes, it is useful to crash explorer.exe ( Windows Explorer) if one encountered with a frozen application or an obvious error or issue. After crashing explorer, launch Task Manager and bring up a new task as “explorer.exe”
In order to crash explorer.exe, follow these steps:
- Log ininto your PC
- Right-click the taskbar
- Select Task Manager as shown in the screenshot.
- In Windows 8, select the Process tab and locate Windows Explorer . Now Right-click the process and select End Task
- In Windows 7, launch Task Manager. Locate and Right-click “explorer.exe.” Select End Task.
- Note: The taskbar will disappear but the windows will remain active even after crashing explorer.
- In addition, you can decide to restart ( end task and restart task) . In Windows 8, select the large Restart button.
- How to Get an Xbox LIVE Account (premiermicrosoft.wordpress.com)
- 3 Advanced Tips & Tricks For Using Windows Explorer (makeuseof.com)