Troubleshoot and Fix your Problems Fast!
Difficulty: Moderately Easy Time: Little
Comparing processors is an efficient way of narrowing down your computer choices and pinpointing the PC that is right for you.
In order to compare processors, follow these steps.
- Learn the difference between Processor Brands
- Intel processors are best for general consumer and business use. They are the most reliable.
- Intel line of processors:
- Core Family: Most reliable. Most Highly recommended processors ( Core i3, Core i5, Core i7)
- Xenon Family: For servers and businesses
- Atom Family: For cheap netbooks
- AMD processors are best for gamer laptops and are generally very poor on consumerlaptops.
- AMD Line of Processors
- VISION Series: For general PCs; Home use
- Opteron Series: For business needs
- FirePro Series: For gaming/business needs
- Radeon Series: For hard-core gaming
6. Learn about Clock Speed: the higher the clock speed, the faster the processor
7. Learn about Cores: the more cores in a processor, the more performance you will get. Thus, given the same clock speed, a dual-core processor is slower than a quad-core.
8. Learn about Hyper-threading: allows several processing threads to each core… processors with Hyper-threating are the most efficient and fast