In order to save laptop battery life, follow these steps:
Lower Screen Brightness
- Click the battery icon in your taskbar as shown.
- Click the Adjust screen brightness.
- Now move the slider completely to the left end
- You have now brought your screen brightness to the minimal setting.
- Click the Up Arrow in the Tray area, as shown. Right-click and close unnecessary programs.
- If you are more comfortable with Windows processes, go to Task Manager and click End Task to close all programs that you know are unnecessary…
Lower Desktop Visual Effects
Next, you need to decrease some of the flashy Aero UI elements in your Desktop.
- The computer will now be using the Windows Basic theme, thus saving battery life for more important tasks…
4. You can also fine-tune exact changes: go to Performance Options and select each visual effect you want to disable…
Turn of Wi-Fi
- You should also try to turn off your Wi-Fi. Each PC has a different way of doing it. In Windows 8, bring the Charms bar, go to Settings, select your Wi-fi, and switch Air Plane Mode to on.