Troubleshoot and Fix your Problems Fast!
Difficulty: Easy Time: Little to None
In order to open a DAT file, follow these steps.
- Log in into your PC.
- Locate the folder where the DAT File resides. ( the DAT File usually looks like plain paper, as shown below.)
- Right-Click the DAT file. Navigate to Properties, as shown.
- Click Change.
- Select Notepad from the listed programs in either Recommended Programs and Other Programs. Click OK, as shown.
- Windows will now revert back to the DAT’s Properties dialog. Click Apply to save your changes. Note that Notepad is now shown as the program of choice.
- Select and Open the DAT file.
- The DAT file will now open in Notepad. Please be mindful that changing the contents of a DAT file could be harmful to your computer. Only edit when sure.